THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU'RE HOME ALONE FOR THE WEEKEND
Home. Alone. Yes! Either you live alone or with roommates, social obligations or work hardly ever let us be alone for an entire weekend to recharge. Therefore on the rare times, this happens, we all take advantage of it. So besides the obvious stay in bed all day and sleep all weekend tips for a recharging weekend at home, here are some of the things i usually do when i have a completely events free weekend.
Things to do when you're home alone for the weekend
- Plan the week ahead. I use a personal planner and a blog/work planner and i like to get them prepared for the weekend so I know how much work and how social events I'll have. Having two separate planners can significantly help you juggle everything. If you want to know more about my different planners, let me know and I'll get on it.
- Call a few friends. As a traveller, as a person who moves towns like a change of nails colours, or simply as a 21 years old, i have friends scattered all over the place and in order for my friends and i to keep our relationship alive, we have to specifically make time. Especially if you are anything like me and texts are not exactly your favourite method of communication of choice. Therefore the weekend is the perfect time to catch up with your friends and their lives when you live far from each other.
- Check the playlists on Spotify to get new music in your system and creative space.
- Snack on the things you've been dreaming about all week! We all have them. Let's be real.
- Make a Masterchef worthy hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Light candles around your home, to give it a cosy feel. But without setting your apartment on fire, please. Bonus points if it's raining outside.
- Exercise on a home workout DVD or youtube video. I love the Zumba ones especially or, for a lighter impact on your body, i suggest some relaxing yoga exercises, which, as always, you can also easily find on Youtube so you can choose what suits you best.
- Cook up a Sunday meal. Yes, even if you're home alone. This, in the long run, will make you a decent cook, if you're not one already. Come on, raise your hand.
- Sip on your favourite tea and read a book in the cosiness ( focus word: candles!) of your home. So make sure you create a space, dedicated to whatever cosy and relaxing activity you want to do on a recharging weekend. For example, i set up a corner of my couch with blankets and pillows to really feel like I'm on a cloud.
- Tv marathon. Show your subscription to Netflix how committed you are to it this weekend and have a marathon of that your new favourite show or that show you've been meaning to watch forever. I highly recommend Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt for a real laugh, or Jessica Jones, which i have watched all in two days and now i have withdrawls, for a kick-ass new spin on the definition of Superhero. Also, it's filled with great actors which are reason enough for you to watch.